Saturday, November 2, 2013

Sports Coat update & Pics/ DVD weekend sale extension

UPDATE 11/3/13: The 50% Off Basic Alteration DVD has been extended AGAIN to Monday at midnight EST. See details below......

Happy November! Where in the world is this year going? Months are passing fast! Well wanted to give you updates on the Calvary Twill Sports Coat that I blogged about HERE. Well between sewing students and the rest of my clients I finally got some time to really devote to it like I wanted. It's progressing quite nicely. Without any interruptions I can put one of these together super FAST! Here's some pics of my progress and the classic tailoring techniques I used.......

 (outer front view---sideways. I added the hymo canvas and it just needs to be cut down after I baste it in.)

(added hymo canvas and padding. Hand stitched the hymo canvas unit to the front of the coat. I interfaced back arm hole edge and hem. You can also see back of welt pocket lining)

(Front back of hymo canvas units I use. I can make these --it was how I was originally trained but I prefer to just buy them)

(Outside front view. I topstitched the besom pocket (most of you know it as well, but it's a besom pocket in the tailoring world) to keep it in tack. You can also see a single welt pocket above the dart near the armhole)

(As a tailor I assemble my coats different then most. Here's the view of the front facing and lining with the exterior sleeve. Notice anything interesting about the sleeve? It has a cuff in it that I've basted down just to keep from shifting while I complete the coat. My client likes this look. I like making custom pieces!)

This coat is coming along great! I just have to finish padstitching the lapel and do a few other things and I'll be ready to connect the interior/exterior pieces of the coat. I'll keep you posted. FYI I plan to do a Tailored Jacket Construction video in the not so distant future. I look forward to bringing you this information so you too can have superbly tailored jackets/coats.

Also, it's been a LONG week. I was a little to lazy to change the price in my Paypal cart so that's a benefit to you. If you're interested in getting my Basic Alteration DVD at 50% off you have until Sunday night Monday Night! Just go to the Paypal tab on the upper left of my blog Enjoy the extension!!! Note: Shipping $4.95 within US and if needed outside the US it's $13.75.

Have a great weekend
~Gentleman Jim

1 comment:

  1. I did read your last blog in which you have learnt us how to stitch the tie. I did tried at my home and stitched good. Now, you are making us learn how to stitch the Sports Coat, The updates & Pics are looking quite amazing

    ReplyDelete