Sunday, September 14, 2014

Video Tutorial: Double Piped Besom Pocket

Thanks so much for all of your well wishes. I had a wonderful 70th Birthday. I'm looking forward to some exciting things for the future. I promised to keep you abreast of my progress with my client's Tailored Maxi Suit and pass on some helpful tailoring information I completed it this weekend and am handing it off to my client. I wanted to show how I do my double besom pockets. Most folks know this style of pocket as the "welt pocket" but in the world of tailoring it's the besom pocket. It takes me less than 5 minutes to make these. My methods couldn't be more easy or fool proof.  If you've ever been intimidated by these pockets in the past well shake that off and prepare to start making them again! You can do it. Enjoy the video. I have another pocket tutorial video coming up next.

9 comments:

  1. Gentleman Jim, this is the easiest I have seen the besom done. The way I learnt it seemed very cumbersome. Based on how you did this I suppose I can do the back hip pocket in the same way, can't I. I have to make another pants for my son for school. I'm gonna try your method on the back pocket

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent tutorial. thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very detailed tutorial. Thank you. I can't wait to take one of your classes in person!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tutorial - i look forward to trying this technique. Guessing it will work for bound buttonholes too? Thank you for sharing your knowledge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this style pocket. . Thank you for such a great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great explanation! Is that weft interfacing?

    ReplyDelete
  8. barbour sale outlet And just two barbour factory shop letters are from jiangzhou, so I excuse to travel, from Yanjing barbour sale outlet came jiangzhou. Sorrow worse, found the two women wrote to me, a contact at barbour outlet sale the same time we know that Sale in contact with many people. cheap sighed still did not speak. I came barbour sale outlet barbour sale outlet jiangzhou.

    ReplyDelete